For a long time — certainly the past 15 years or so — one of the main filters through which I have passed notions about technology development and adoption is the very simple notion of work. what is being done — the ontology of work. It seems that most analysis of technology somehow omits the important consideration of what peolpe actually do in a productive mode. There’s a strange level of abstraction that occurs that fails to examine the elemental nature of work; the conversation that it represents at an individual and group level.
This assertion isn’t based on any empirical observation — it’s more a function of intuition. But I have very good intuition, and I’m thinking about this as a prelude to constructing a more formal research plan. But I think it’s imperative that designers pick up the mantle of understanding work at a more granular level, not work as a disaggregated set of functions.
- RT @BraddJaffy: Who's the Boss? Alyssa Milano is picking up Democrats to early vote in the race to replace Tom Price in Congress. https://t… 8 minutes ago
- "It's on the Netflix" in his Haitian accent - so rare and sweet. 8 minutes ago
- RT @AdamBlickstein: At what point does the WH pressure @SpeakerRyan to drop Nunes from HPSCI? Whatever good they think he was doing he's cl… 7 hours ago
- RT @PoliticsWolf: A Connecticut state House committee passed a bill to join the presidential National Popular Vote Interstate Compact https… 7 hours ago
- RT @ToddPSchwartz: 1972 Amsterdam is very similar to present day Philadelphia. Philly can be the next Amsterdam. We have the infrastructure… 8 hours ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… Thanks to @Atrios @iPlumb3r @alanlepo #seo #business 20 hours ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… Thanks to @azelin @tiffanycsun @circusofsaints #podcast #leadership 1 day ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… Thanks to @tedr @ChristopherA @CICWCat #iot #tech 2 days ago
- RT @DrXPsychologist: @terrygunzs @CNNPolitics @WhiteHouse Here, more specically how it's known. google.com/amp/amp.usatod… 3 days ago
- RT @RVAwonk: Devin Nunes just pulled a line about McCarthyism straight from RT (Russian propaganda outlet). https://t.co/Qo7hwMMTnX 3 days ago
Who We Are