A London-based hedge fund has announced that it will scrutinize sentiment based on Twitter traffic to discern trends that it assets will lead to a strategic investment edge. The trading strategy and algorithm seeks to discern measures of “anxiety” which were reported to correlate with future stock performance.
This is a novel implementation of the “buy on the rumor, sell on the news” investment approach. In this case the rumor, or irrational or unfounded information base is a congealed set of semantic models defined as “anxiety.” If I were an investor, the anxiety would be over the future of my portfolio.
Investment firm launches Twitter-based hedge fund
- RT @cnnbrk: First on CNN: AG Jeff Sessions did not disclose Russia meetings in a security clearance form, DOJ tells CNN. https://t.co/VLyyq… 2 hours ago
- "Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas." ~Lorne Malvo 2 hours ago
- Straight from the master's mouth. https://t.co/HyumqX5vzV 3 hours ago
- "The idea of government, nations, it's a public relations exercise at this point." ~Martin Q. Blank 3 hours ago
- RT @tedlieu: AG #Sessions lied under oath to Congress, a federal crime. He lied on his security clearance form. He should have resigned two… 4 hours ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… Thanks to @yaneerbaryam #leadership #dx 10 minutes ago
- RT @OccupyWallStNYC: Trump’s housing budget is a mass eviction notice for the poor ow.ly/1hk630c3gex https://t.co/NMMIIVnGjX 2 hours ago
- RT @PiercePress: Ideas vs. Execution: "You won’t learn fast enough if you’re not interacting with your audience." htl.li/33sB30c2rTt 2 hours ago
- RT @JoeRaimondo: "Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas." ~Lorne Malvo 2 hours ago
- RT @MasonCrossBooks: My daughter actually submitted this feedback at school. Not sure if I should ground her or buy her ice cream... https:… 9 hours ago
Who We Are