A London-based hedge fund has announced that it will scrutinize sentiment based on Twitter traffic to discern trends that it assets will lead to a strategic investment edge. The trading strategy and algorithm seeks to discern measures of “anxiety” which were reported to correlate with future stock performance.
This is a novel implementation of the “buy on the rumor, sell on the news” investment approach. In this case the rumor, or irrational or unfounded information base is a congealed set of semantic models defined as “anxiety.” If I were an investor, the anxiety would be over the future of my portfolio.
Investment firm launches Twitter-based hedge fund
- RT @BraddJaffy: Who's the Boss? Alyssa Milano is picking up Democrats to early vote in the race to replace Tom Price in Congress. https://t… 7 minutes ago
- "It's on the Netflix" in his Haitian accent - so rare and sweet. 7 minutes ago
- RT @AdamBlickstein: At what point does the WH pressure @SpeakerRyan to drop Nunes from HPSCI? Whatever good they think he was doing he's cl… 7 hours ago
- RT @PoliticsWolf: A Connecticut state House committee passed a bill to join the presidential National Popular Vote Interstate Compact https… 7 hours ago
- RT @ToddPSchwartz: 1972 Amsterdam is very similar to present day Philadelphia. Philly can be the next Amsterdam. We have the infrastructure… 8 hours ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… Thanks to @Atrios @iPlumb3r @alanlepo #seo #business 20 hours ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… Thanks to @azelin @tiffanycsun @circusofsaints #podcast #leadership 1 day ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… Thanks to @tedr @ChristopherA @CICWCat #iot #tech 2 days ago
- RT @DrXPsychologist: @terrygunzs @CNNPolitics @WhiteHouse Here, more specically how it's known. google.com/amp/amp.usatod… 3 days ago
- RT @RVAwonk: Devin Nunes just pulled a line about McCarthyism straight from RT (Russian propaganda outlet). https://t.co/Qo7hwMMTnX 3 days ago
Who We Are