Working my way through Howard Rheingold’s wonderful curriculum on network and social literacy. In it, he recommends using Netvibes as an organizing post for information flow; for me it would entail replacing iGoogle. The net result is an information process flow that truly enables one to surf atop a dense informational substrate.
Using the dashboard still leaves me constrained; our brain and sensory system are not designed to deal strictly in and x by y matrix. Current “dashboards”, relying on current technology, omit the z and t. They deny the physical semantics that convey so much of the depth and presence of our understanding. They really fail in terms of serving as an interface for semantic intelligence and agent design
- RT @Atul_Gawande: Testing showed DNA in the bone marrow transplant patient’s blood was replaced by his donor’s. No surprise there. But over… 4 hours ago
- @AntonioDRAMsci I bet for at least a moment the hiring manager was thinking "Well how much shit, exactly?" 4 hours ago
- RT @jerry_jtaylor: You never read the Mueller Report, did you? Admit it. Well, @washingtonpost has you covered. Here's the illustrated, com… 10 hours ago
- RT @KatieHill4CA: My deeply personal story, out today in the @nytimes. Trigger warning: suicide (they don’t offer one in the paper.) https:… 12 hours ago
- RT @nanpansky: people are like “astrology is a meaningless human construct” but also “it’s 2 o’clock in the afternoon” 13 hours ago
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Who We Are