I’ve been trying to piece together the swirling ideas that resulted in a dream-like vision I’ve had — of people looking at “triples” on 60’s era electromechanical equipment. There’s a paradox built into the vision. It’s my sub-conscious trying to call up the best way to think about this particular future. It’s unrecognizable.
Advances in linguistic and computing science have brought us to a precipice — an inflection point upward in terms of the capacity of technology to advance free ideas, transparency, and accountability.
Similarly, advances in the now spectrum of fields in human cognition — from language philosophy to hard-science brain imaging — enable a new set of models for developing frameworks for allowing people to leverage the info-flood that’s been unleashed.
We’re hunter-gatherers — we will work out the path toward information processing systems FINALLY recognizing the exquisite human sensory system rather than pushing it into the background.
But the future that uses these things — and more — in terms of advances in materials and biology — it will be unrecognizable. A poly-mutable reality. It’s thrilling, and certainly not everyone greets this future with our enthusiasm.
- RT @JakeAnbinder: Seeing cops without face masks is a reminder that while it's hard to convince some people that police brutality is a prob… 6 hours ago
- RT @emollick: Tesla gets a lot of credit today, but this paper shows Edison mastered the psychology of new technology. To get people to use… 9 hours ago
- @H_MitchellPhoto @juliebhunt Impeach Brett kavanaugh for lying to Congress. It's plainly obvious he did it and ther… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- RT @H_MitchellPhoto: It’s time to play by the Republican Party’s rules. Democrats need to start impeachment proceedings immediately, and ti… 9 hours ago
- RT @JeffSharlet: "Patriotic education" is Stephen Miller's fascism + Mike Pence's fundamentalism. Some years ago, I took a course in "patri… 11 hours ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… Thanks to @MaureenKelsey #thelastdance #emmys 1 hour ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… Thanks to @gregorylent @Autumm 1 day ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… Thanks to @MetaCAug #covid19 2 days ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… Thanks to @SailWozniak 3 days ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… 4 days ago
Who We Are