I’ve been trying to piece together the swirling ideas that resulted in a dream-like vision I’ve had — of people looking at “triples” on 60’s era electromechanical equipment. There’s a paradox built into the vision. It’s my sub-conscious trying to call up the best way to think about this particular future. It’s unrecognizable.
Advances in linguistic and computing science have brought us to a precipice — an inflection point upward in terms of the capacity of technology to advance free ideas, transparency, and accountability.
Similarly, advances in the now spectrum of fields in human cognition — from language philosophy to hard-science brain imaging — enable a new set of models for developing frameworks for allowing people to leverage the info-flood that’s been unleashed.
We’re hunter-gatherers — we will work out the path toward information processing systems FINALLY recognizing the exquisite human sensory system rather than pushing it into the background.
But the future that uses these things — and more — in terms of advances in materials and biology — it will be unrecognizable. A poly-mutable reality. It’s thrilling, and certainly not everyone greets this future with our enthusiasm.
- RT @Atul_Gawande: Testing showed DNA in the bone marrow transplant patient’s blood was replaced by his donor’s. No surprise there. But over… 3 hours ago
- @AntonioDRAMsci I bet for at least a moment the hiring manager was thinking "Well how much shit, exactly?" 4 hours ago
- RT @jerry_jtaylor: You never read the Mueller Report, did you? Admit it. Well, @washingtonpost has you covered. Here's the illustrated, com… 9 hours ago
- RT @KatieHill4CA: My deeply personal story, out today in the @nytimes. Trigger warning: suicide (they don’t offer one in the paper.) https:… 11 hours ago
- RT @nanpansky: people are like “astrology is a meaningless human construct” but also “it’s 2 o’clock in the afternoon” 12 hours ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… Thanks to @henkhadders @holochain @vasyjuly #leadership #10yrsago 6 hours ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… Thanks to @hipbonegamer @savasavasava @NellieBowles #management #leadership 1 day ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… Thanks to @MetaCAug @SailWozniak #9yrsago #privacy 2 days ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… Thanks to @danablankenhorn @robreich #management #leadership 3 days ago
- The latest SoMediaNaut Daily! paper.li/Breiter/131052… Thanks to @dealarchitect @failbettergames @jeffsonstein #leadership #success 4 days ago
Who We Are